WHAT IS HALIFAX COLOUR FESTIVAL
“Halifax Colour Festival”, the name itself means rain full of colours. This Event represents one of the major festivals of India, known as HOLI. It represents Unity and Diversity. The core values of the festival are to spread love and joy amongst all people, putting aside their religion and nationality. On this beautiful occasion we, Indian Festivals Club Of Nova Scotia invite you to come and join us.
After successful event in 2015, join us for Halifax’s Second Colour Festival, where we’ll play, chase and colour each other. In addition to that, we’ll have live music, performances and fun games! Please refer FAQ section for some DO’s and DON’Ts during event.
Break The Balloon
Each person ties an inflated balloon to one ankle. When the signal to start is given, the objective of game will be to burst other people’s balloons while keeping your balloon intact. The winner will be the one with the last intact balloon.
A three-legged race is a game of cooperation between partners as much as it is one of speed. It involves two participants attempting to complete a short sprint with the left leg of one runner strapped to the right leg of another runner. The objective is for the partners to run together without falling over, and beat the other contestants to the finish line.
Egg and Spoon Race
An egg-and- spoon race is a sporting event in which participants must balance an egg or similarly shaped item upon a spoon and race with it to the finishing line.
Water Balloon Fight
Water balloons will be supplied and you welcome to bring your own water guns. Please do not attempt to throw a water balloon directly at another participant’s face. Aim to hit the ground.
Tug of War
Tug of war is a sport that directly puts two teams against each other in a test of strength: teams pull on opposite ends of a rope, with the goal being to bring the rope a certain distance in one direction against the force of the opposing team’s pull.
Saturday, 11 September 2016
|1||Gates Open||11:00 AM||Studley Quad|
|2||Registration||11:00 - 02:00 PM||Studley Quad|
|3||Games||01:00 - 4:00 PM||Studley Quad|
|4||Colour Smash||Every Half Hour||Studley Quad|
Artist Line Up
Frequently Asked Questions
ID is required at registration. There is no age limit for this event but if you are bringing children to this event then it’s solely your responsibility. Also make sure that they are not in middle of crowd.
You cannot bring your own colours to this event. You must use colours provided by event organizers.
Yes. You need to sign waiver form for you and also for your children if you are bringing them to event location, when you proceed to registration booth.
You can transfer your registration by paying registration fee of $5 (For Early Birds and Regular Admissions). No Fee for General Admission.
Absolutely no refund for any ticket types. You will get Full Refund is the event is Cancelled.
- No outside color will be allowed in event, participants have to use free color provided by organizer
- It’s strictly Alcohol, Smoke and Drug free event.
- No throwing of colors before countdown ends
- Use only open field which is allocated for the event, outside of that area is not our responsibility if you get in any troubles.
- Do not wear contact lenses
- Don’t throw colors into people’s eye or mouth, we recommend you to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes
- Don’t throw color on DJ or electronic system or people/car passing by the event area
- Don’t wear your “Saturday best” cloths.
- If it is possible, Come in plain white top
- Go and be socialize and ask stranger first before decorating their face with colour
- Do Dance, Chanting and participates in Games and win prizes
- Hugging strangers with permission
- Report illegal or misbehaving person information to volunteers.
6225 University Avenue
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
10 SEPTEMBER, 2017
6225 University Avenue, Halifax,
NS B3H 4R2, CA